Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas!

The holiday season brings with it reminders of the Christmas's of past. Those warm memories that you want to freeze to hold forever, it is what makes saying goodbye so difficult, I much more prefer hello! But there are those who have entered my life and left in one way or another to only leave behind an emptiness in my heart. Eager to hold close only warm thoughts and chase away the sadness that cast shadows dark and dreary over the day. Then I quickly jumped today and what the future brings. My father never said goodbye he always said "I'll be seeing ya." We struggle with a lot but I guess nothing is worse then and ending, I prefer to look at each, day, month and year as a chapter of a wide range of experiences.
The holiday table will be set with the same fine china, crystal and foods, but many less plates will be needed as time moves on. My 3rd born said its the societies demands upon us that set expectations that are not necessarily capable of being filled.

~
I cried, I laughed, I reached out to touch you
and hold close the memories....Merry Christmas!
~

No comments: